As we know Azure Cosmos DB is the first globally distributed massively scalable, multi-model database service. This service is designed to allow customers to scalable horizontally scale both throughput and storage across multiple geographical regions. This service also provides a 99% percent guaranteed latency of 10 milliseconds or less, 99.99% high availability, five well-defined alignments to ensure an accurate compromise between performance, availability, and data integrity to developers.
Now Microsoft starts Try Azure Cosmos DB for free for developers with no Azure sign up required and at no charge for a limited time.
The main motive of this is for developers to evaluate Azure Cosmos DB, build and test their app against Azure Cosmos DB, do a hands-on-lab, a tutorial, create a demo or perform unit testing without incurring any costs. It allows all developer to easily experience the azure cosmos DB and what it offers, free of charge, and satisfy with our database service. You can access Azure cosmos DB on a fully working planet in less than a minute.
Try Cosmos DB Now
Try it out yourself; it will not take more than one minute.
- Select the desired API / data model from SQL (DocumentDB), MongoDB, Table, Gremlin (Graph) API and click “Create”. Ensure that you log in with your Microsoft account (Windows Live ID).
- In a few seconds, it will show a popup to be advised to prepare your new Azure cosmos DB account newly created, open it in the azure portal and try a quick start.
- Click “Open in Azure Portal”, the browser will proceed to the newly created free Azure Cosmos DB account and a quick start page will open.
- Follow the Quick Starts to get a running app connected to Azure Cosmos DB in less than 30 seconds or proceed to explore the service on your own.
When in the portal, you will be reminded how long you have before your account expires.
You can extend your trial period for another 24 hours, register for a free trial (if you are using Azure for the first time), create a new Azure Cosmos DB account (if you already have an Azure subscription) can.
With Try Azure Cosmos DB for free, you can create a container (a collection of documents, a table, or a graph) and globally-distribute it to up to 3 regions, and use any of the capabilities Azure Cosmos DB provides for 24 hours. Once the trial expires, you can always come back and create it all over again.
Play with Azure Cosmos DB
Azure cosmos DB makes the data available close to where users are, worldwide. It is a globally distributed, multi-model database service for building planet scale apps with ease using the API and data model of choices.
I have some good articles written. Please take a review.
- Key Capabilities Of Azure Cosmos DB
- Understand Azure Cosmos DB – Table API
- Understand Azure Cosmos DB – DocumentDB API (SQL)
- Azure CosmosDB (Use Cases)
Azure Cosmos DB is the database of the future – it is what we believe is the next big thing in the world of massively scalable databases!